What’s New at Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg OCT 03 2012
Oktoberfest will never be like stale beer in Fredericksburg, Texas. We brew new ideas! Here are some of the new things we’re adding this year to bring more “hops” to the experience:
- Strassen Zelt (Street Tent): Adams Street, between Main and Austin streets, will be closed this year to add more room to Oktoberfest activities. In Strassen Zelt, you will find souvenirs, a photo booth (you can’t go home without a pic from the booth!), German food and Paulaner Bier. The 42 Tournament on Sunday also will be held in Strassen Zelt.
- KinderPark: Look out from above! A huge slide will add new dimension to KinderPark. We’ve also expanded the footprint of this area to give little guests more room for fun. Look for Sunshine the Clown and additional face painters this year.
- Strassen Ambassadors (Street Ambassadors): Have a question before you get to the gate? Look for one of our Strassen Ambassadors who will be on Main Street, along Marktplatz, answering questions before you even get to the festivities.
- Beer Stein Hoist: Samuel Adams will be conducting a beer stein hoist. Winners will receive a nice stein! The Hoists will be staged next to Oktoberfest Zelt.
- Guests from Germany: A delegation from Montabauer, our sister city in Germany, will be here to help us celebrate during the opening ceremony. Prosit!
Laura Short, Website and E-Marketing Manager
Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau