Valentine’s Day Promotions and Events FEB 02 2012
Is Cupid’s arrow pointing you to Fredericksburg for a Valentine getaway during this month of romance? Then let Cupid’s assistants at the Convention and Visitor Bureau share with you some of the promotions and events our local businesses have shared with us! (Keep checking back for updates.)
- Becker Vineyards: Becker Vineyards’ annual Merlot & Chocolate tasting will be held during three weekends in February, including February 4-5, 11-12 and 18-19. Saturday hours are 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Sunday hours are noon until 6:00 p.m. Wrap your senses around the indulgent combination of chocolate – handmade by a local chocolatier – and the winery’s new Merlot vintage at these free sampling event. Becker Vineyards is located 11 miles east on U.S. Hwy 290 off Jenschke Lane. For information, call 830-644-2681.
- Messina Hof Hill Country: Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Messina Hof Hill Country is featuring a Port and Chocolate Celebration with pairings and tastings of its special port and chocolates by Chocolates El Rey during regular winery hours. There is a $20 fee for five tastings. Special packages of port and chocolate will be available for sale with the pairings. Messina Hof Hill Country is located at 9996 Hwy 290 E. For more information, call 830-990-4653.
- Texas Vineyards & Beyond: Texas Vineyards & Beyond presents “Honey Wine for Your Honey” as they host John and Wendy Rohan of Rohan Meadery who will be sampling their new Mead (Honey) Wines on February 11. Paula Williamson of Chisholm Trail Winery will also be sampling and signing bottles of her wines with “love” on February 18. Both events are free and are scheduled for 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at 329 1/2 E. Main Street. For more information, call 830-990-9199.
- Wine Lover’s Trail: Venture through sleeping vineyards and cozy wineries while enjoying complimentary chocolates, enchanting pairings and new releases during regular hours at 33 participating wineries. Tickets are $35 per person or $60 per couple, and include a box of hand-packed chocolates and discounts on wine purchases. Ticket quantities are limited. For more information, call 866-621-9463.
- Becker Vineyards: Becker Vineyards will host its annual Red & White Luncheon at the Lavender Haus Reception Hall on February 12. Enjoy a four-course luncheon along with Becker wines. Becker Vineyards is located 11 miles east on U.S. Hwy 290 off Jenschke Lane. For information, call 830-644-2681.
- Farm Haus Bistro at Fredericksburg Herb Farm: Enjoy a lovely Valentine’s Day Dinner menu at Farm Haus Bistro at Fredericksburg Herb Farm. For more information, call 830-997-8615.
- Fasching Ball: The Fredericksburg Area Lodging & Hospitality Association is reviving Fredericksburg’s Fasching Ball and this new event will be held on Saturday, February 18, at 7:00 p.m. at the Hangar Hotel & Conference Center. Inspired by Germany’s “go a little crazy” pre-Lenten Karneval season, this costume ball will give party goers one last fling before Lent begins. The ball will feature live music, Karneval-style entertainment, ice sculptures, vodka and whiskey bars and delicious cuisine. Costumes are encouraged or cocktail attire with mask. Reserved tables for eight are $2,800, with individual tickets at $150 each. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Joe Cloud at 830-998-1981.
- Fest Nacht: Costumed fun is available at Fest Nacht on Saturday, February 11 at 7:00 p.m. at the Gillespie County Fairgrounds on U.S. Hwy 16 S. Theme for this year’s event is Vegas, Baby! Cost is $50 per person or $450 for a table seating 10. Call 830-998-7111 for more information.
- The Officers’ Club at the Hangar Hotel & Conference Center will be open starting at 5:00 p.m. on Valentine’s Day with live music by Shan Kowert starting at 7:00 p.m. There will be chocolate-covered strawberries and Valentine’s Day-inspired drinks.
- Luckenbach Texas: Enjoy great live music with a whole lot of hugging going on during Luckenbach’s annual Hug-in and Valentine Ball. Doors open at 8:00 p.m. and dance with performance by Gary P. Nunn starts at 9:00 p.m. $20 per person for the show. Luckenbach is located on RR 1376 off Hwy 290 E. For more information, call 830-997-3224.
- Rockbox Theater: Bring your sweetheart to Rockbox Theater for laughter, romance and rock ‘n roll. The cast along with special guest artists, The English Brothers, will be performing several new songs celebrating love and romance during the weekend of February 10-12. Four show times during the weekend: Friday at 8pm, Saturday at 4:30pm and 8pm, and Sunday at 2pm. Complementary sparkling cider and chocolate-dipped strawberries will be served at each of these four shows. For reservations, call 830-997-7625.
- Fredericksburg Art Gallery: A new collection of paintings and sculptures featuring the beauty of flowers and titled, Everlasting Flowers for My Lady, opens at the Fredericksburg Art Gallery this Wednesday, February 1 and runs through February 29. The gallery is located at 314 E. Main Street, in Fredericksburg. For details, call 830-990-2707.
- RS Hanna Gallery: The sophisticated cityscapes and interiors of international award-winning artists Thomas Schaller and Pam Ingalls will be featured at the Close to the Heart… the Beat of the City month-long art show opening February 1 at RS Hanna Gallery at 208 S. Llano Street, in Fredericksburg. For more information, call 830-307-3071.
- Whistle Pik Galleries: Because February is the month of romance, Whistle Pik Galleries will host an art show featuring gallery artists who paint with a romantic touch. The All You Need is Love… and Art show opens this Wednesday, February 1, at 425 E. Main Street, in Fredericksburg. This show was chosen as a featured event in SouthwestArt magazine. For information, call 830-990-8151.
- Fredericksburg Art Guild: The creativity of this community’s younger generation will be showcased at the upcoming Sweet Treats art show opening this Friday, February 3 at the Fredericksburg Art Guild. These works will be on display at the gallery at 308 E. Austin Street through February 26. For information, call 830-997-4949.
- See a full list of art galleries.
Lodging and Pampering
- Nature’s Spa at Fredericksburg Herb Farm: Couple’s Massage for $210 includes a cocoa butter massage, champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. The You’re Just Not That Into Him package for $105 includes a single massage with cocoa butter, champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. The One-Night Stand Massage for $395 includes an overnight stay at Sunday Haus Cottages, a couples massage and dinner at the Farm Haus Bistro (on February 14). Specials are available February 10, 11 and 14. Make reservations by calling 830-997-8615.
- The Inn on Barons Creek: Enjoy a stay in one of the inn’s Jacuzzi suites with a bottle of wine and a dozen roses for $149. Add a one-hour massage at the Spa on Barons Creek for $50. Offer valid Sunday, February 12 through Thursday, February 16; spa services only available Tuesday through Sunday.
- The Spa at The Inn on Barons Creek: Schedule a Couple’s Retreat for Two, featuring a 1 1/2 hour couples massage in a private, candlelit room, combined with a special “white glove” moisturizing hand treatment. A special scented candle is yours to take home to “continue the glow.”